This iPhone 3G and 3GS home button replacement part with home button circuit is what you need if your home button is broken. With the iPhone 3G and 3GS the home button is the most pressed button on the iPhone and the button that is most likely to become faulty. Unfortunately, there is also no way to use the touch screen to function as a home button. (You can set up the touch screen to function as a home button on the iPhone 4 or 4S using the assistive touch function but not on 3G or 3GS- actually you can upgrade to ios5 on 3GS to get this feature but ios5 it is not recommended to upgrade because it will slow down your iPhone 3GS. These parts can be used on both the 3G & 3GS models and we explain about that more in the text below, so you don't need to worry when buying this part if you don't know if your phone is a 3G or 3GS because these home buttons will work in both models.
Symptoms that indicate you need to replace your 3G or 3GS home button and home button circuit are:
· iPhone 3G / 3GS home button is stuck down or sticks on pressing
· iPhone 3G / 3GS home button doesn’t function at all
· iPhone 3G / 3GS home button has stopped functioning after screen replacement or cracked screen
· iPhone 3G / 3GS voice control function turns on by itself or from a single home button press
· iPhone 3G /3GS home button has become faulty after dropping the iPhone
Symptoms that appear to be a home button fault but are caused by other components:
· iPhone 3G / 3GS home button doesn’t function at all and either does the dock connector for charging or connecting to PC (dock connector is unplugged or needs replacing)
· iPhone 3G / 3GS home button has become faulty after dropping the iPhone and it also won’t charge or connect to PC (Dock connector is at fault. It has probably just become unplugged.
· iPhone 3G / 3GS home button works or sticks intermittently after screen replacement. (this is likely to be caused by the sticky backing on the screen touching the home button)
You may also find that your iPhone 3G / 3GS home button is not faulty, but just needs adjustment. There are 2 metal prongs that the iPhone 3G and 3GS home button circuit uses to make contact with the dock connector. If these are bent then they might not be lining up with the contact pads. Check this before buying a new home button circuit.
Note that technically the iPhone 3G home button circuit is different from the iPhone 3GS home button circuit, but the 3GS home button circuit is an improved design with longer contact pins which provide a better connection.
These iPhone 3GS home button circuits will also work in the 3G. It is the 3GS home button circuit that we sell.